Articles on this Page
- 12/24/15--06:59: _New Products for 2016
- 01/16/16--13:09: _Ask the Desk: EU EF...
- 01/25/16--07:25: _InCoWriMo Stationer...
- 02/08/16--07:24: _Ask The Desk: Fount...
- 02/15/16--08:02: _Ask The Desk: Pocke...
- 02/22/16--07:53: _Review: Lamy Al-Sta...
- 02/29/16--07:44: _Review: Pelikan Sto...
- 03/12/16--10:00: _Ask The Desk: The O...
- 03/22/16--09:18: _OMAS: Last Hurrah
- 03/26/16--10:01: _Giveaway: Dark Lila...
- 04/12/16--08:00: _Review: Jinhao Foun...
- 04/25/16--08:00: _When Bad Repairs Ha...
- 04/28/16--08:00: _Vintage Fountain Pe...
- 05/07/16--08:00: _Review: Ranga Modif...
- 05/10/16--08:00: _Pen Review: Sailor ...
- 05/16/16--08:00: _When Good Repairs H...
- 06/11/16--07:30: _Pen Review: Edison ...
- 06/12/16--08:00: _Pen Review: Edison ...
- 06/30/16--07:33: _Jinhao X750 + Zebra...
- 07/21/16--08:00: _Pen Review: Sailor ...
- 12/24/15--06:59: New Products for 2016
- 01/25/16--07:25: InCoWriMo Stationery Package Set: Bamboo Green
- 02/08/16--07:24: Ask The Desk: Fountain Pen on Washi Tape?
- 02/15/16--08:02: Ask The Desk: Pocket Fountain Pens
- 02/22/16--07:53: Review: Lamy Al-Star Charged Green
- 02/29/16--07:44: Review: Pelikan Stola III Fountain Pen
- 03/12/16--10:00: Ask The Desk: The One Pen, Jotter Hacks & A5 Notebook
- 03/22/16--09:18: OMAS: Last Hurrah
- 03/26/16--10:01: Giveaway: Dark Lilac (Lamy) Festival Time
- 04/12/16--08:00: Review: Jinhao Fountain Pens
- 04/25/16--08:00: When Bad Repairs Happen To Good Pens
- 04/28/16--08:00: Vintage Fountain Pens: Lady Sheaffer Skripsert and Sheaffer Imperial
- 05/07/16--08:00: Review: Ranga Modified Fountain Pen
- 05/10/16--08:00: Pen Review: Sailor Fude de Mannen Fountain Pens
- 05/16/16--08:00: When Good Repairs Happen to Good Pens
- 06/11/16--07:30: Pen Review: Edison Nouveau Premiere Water Lily Spring 2016
- 06/12/16--08:00: Pen Review: Edison Collier LE 2015 with Custom Architect Nib
- 06/30/16--07:33: Jinhao X750 + Zebra G Nib Hack + KWZ Green Gold 2 Ink
- 07/21/16--08:00: Pen Review: Sailor Pro Gear Imperial Black Fountain Pen
There are lots of new products hitting the market for 2016 and some are already available for pre-order so I thought I’d include a few here if you wanted to squirrel away some of your holiday funds for a few of these. The limited edition Lamy AL-Star color for 2016 is called Charged Green and is […]
Renee asked: I was interested in getting a pen that writes with a line similar to that of a .5 mm pen. I was considering a Kaweco sport given your enthusiastic reviews. Would a European extra fine do that? The Kaweco might give a little bit wider stroke depending on the paper and/or ink combination […]
I swore to myself this year I would skip InCoWriMo/LetterMo because I can get so overwhelmed with too many letters and not enough time. However, everywhere I turn this year, all signs are pointing to a February full of letter-writing. I cannot diverge from the path, not when people are putting all these beautiful things on […]
Shana asks: I recently got a fountain pen after having lost one many years ago. (A noodlers Konrad, go flex!) I’m using it often in my planner, which also has a lot of washi tape marking appointments. So far the few inks I’ve tested seem to not like washi tape as a surface to be […]
Barry asks: I am an absolute beginner in fountain pens, however my interest has been extremely peaked. I currently carry a mini ballpoint pen in my front pocket. I would also like to carry a fountain pen like this as well. I have medium size hands with medium writing. I would like to move to […]
The new limited edition Lamy AL-Star in Charged Green is absolutely beautiful. It clearly is THE signature color for a Lamy pen for me. I’ve always favored the AL-Stars to the Safaris as well for the beautiful luster of the the anodized aluminum as well and the price increase for the aluminum is nominal for […]
The Pelikan Stola III ($36) is probably the closest competitor Pelikan has to the Pilot Metropolitan of the Lamy Safari. If you’ve been looking for a professional, upscale looking fountain pen in the sub-$50 range, The Stola III is definitely a strong contender. However, there are some plusses and minuses to consider before hitting the […]
Portia asks: If you could only use one fountain pen, what would it be? I’ve never had one before, but I also don’t need another expensive hobby/collection, so I’d like to stick to just one purchase. I really like a smooth feel to my writing (so gels and ballpoints over felt tips!) if that matters. […]
Goldspot Pens is hosting a last hurrah for OMAS pens. They’ll be adding new OMAS pens to their shop all this week – some are rare pieces that haven’t been in production for years. There’s also a rafflecopter giveaway to win an OMAS Milady ballpoint pen. Also, there is a free gift with purchase of […]
I grew up in a Chicago suburb known for its lilac festival so I was tickled by the Dark Lilac Lamy Safari offered this spring as part of its limited edition color series. I remember the whole town ends up smelling like lilacs by the end of April which I always liked. Its goofy and […]
I received these two little lemon-lime treats from a Desk reader to try out and I’ve been delighted to take them for a test drive. They are the Jinhao 886 “bullet” fountain pens. They are small well-weighted, metal enamel fountain pens at a budget price. They kind of remind me of jelly beans. It looks […]
I’ve spent a lot of time this past week trying to decide the best way to talk about what was the saddest part of my Atlanta Pen Show experience. I mentioned to a vendor that I had a beloved vintage Parker Duofold vac filler but that the vacuum-filler didn’t work and he said “Oh, there’s […]
One of the pens I was hoping to find at the Atlanta Pen Show was a vintage Lady Sheaffer Skripsert. A friend of mine showed me hers and I fell in love with it so I knew it was definitely a pen style I wanted to keep my eye out for. The story behind the […]
The Ranga Acrylic Fountain Pen is a very different kind of pen for me to review and to describe so I apologize in advance if this is a little strange. First of all, this pen came to me pre-modified by the fabulous Leigh Reyes. She has provided detailed instructions on her web site along with […]
A couple of days before I left for the Atlanta Pen Show, the amazing Joey Feldman sent me two Sailor Fude de Mannen fountain pens to try. I had been wanting to try these fountain pens for ages since many artists and calligraphers had raved about them but I had had a hard time finding […]
I wanted to do a follow-up to what happened to my Parker Duofold in Atlanta. I wanted to share a GOOD repair story that happened at the Chicago Pen Show. I bought a low-priced Lady Sheaffer Skripsert on Thursday night on a vendor’s table only to discover that there was a crack in the nib […]
The Edison Premiere Nouveau Water Lily is the Spring 2016 Limited Edition($149) for Goulet Pens and my first Edison fountain pen. Its one of the shapes in the Edison line-up that has always appealed to me so I was excited to have the opportunity to get this particular model. The long slender shape with bullet […]
As a nice comparison to the stock Edison Nouveau Premiere that I took for a test drive yesterday, it seemed appropriate to show you the Edison Collier with the custom architect nib ground by Dan Smith over at Nibsmith. The pen started its life with a broad nib and was then customized. I’m amused I […]
I found a fabulous flexible nib hack over on Parka blogs and nothing says “let’s mess with a cheap pen” like a rainy day. Throw in a cool ink sample from Vanness Pen Shop and an urge to be a little tweaker and off I go. This hack will work with either a Zebra G […]
Once again, my dear friend Kasey was kind enough to loan me a pen. This time, it was his beloved Sailor Pro Gear Imperial Black. I laughed when I pulled it out of the box because it is the absolute antithesis of the only other Sailor pen in my life right now. Where the Sailor […]