Articles on this Page
- 01/17/15--15:20: _Review: TWSBI Diamo...
- 01/24/15--06:36: _Review: Lanier Clas...
- 01/27/15--09:56: _Review: Kaweco Spor...
- 01/29/15--10:30: _Re-review: Kaweco S...
- 05/04/15--07:46: _Ask The Desk: Swapp...
- 05/06/15--08:16: _Pen Review: Lamy Sa...
- 05/23/15--08:00: _Re-Review: Pilot Va...
- 06/01/15--07:41: _Edison Nouveau Prem...
- 06/04/15--07:40: _Wahl-Eversharp Skyl...
- 06/20/15--05:53: _Review: Lamy Scala ...
- 06/21/15--08:00: _Review: Platinum Ca...
- 07/06/15--09:19: _Review: Nakaya Deca...
- 07/07/15--08:24: _Shawn Newton Esterb...
- 07/09/15--08:46: _Review: Franklin Ch...
- 07/20/15--08:35: _Preview: Karas Kust...
- 08/04/15--07:48: _Video: How It’s Mad...
- 08/11/15--07:53: _Finally! Kaweco Sky...
- 08/17/15--11:15: _News: Fountain K Li...
- 11/24/15--07:01: _The New Karas Kusto...
- 11/30/15--08:00: _Pen Review: Pilot M...
- 01/17/15--15:20: Review: TWSBI Diamond 580 in Christmas Green
- 01/24/15--06:36: Review: Lanier Classic Elite Fountain Pen
- 01/27/15--09:56: Review: Kaweco Sport in Dark Brown
- 01/29/15--10:30: Re-review: Kaweco Sport Guilloch 1935 Fountain Pen
- 05/06/15--08:16: Pen Review: Lamy Safari Neon Lime (2015 Special Edition)
- 05/23/15--08:00: Re-Review: Pilot Varsity
- 06/01/15--07:41: Edison Nouveau Premiere 2013 Special Edition
- 06/04/15--07:40: Wahl-Eversharp Skyliner 50 Fountain Pen Set in Menthol
- 06/21/15--08:00: Review: Platinum Carbon Pen
- 07/06/15--09:19: Review: Nakaya Decapod Cigar Ao-tamenuri Fountain Pen
- 07/07/15--08:24: Shawn Newton Esterbrook Nib Holder
- 07/09/15--08:46: Review: Franklin Christoph Pocket 66 Ice Fountain Pen
- 07/20/15--08:35: Preview: Karas Kustoms Fountain K
- 08/11/15--07:53: Finally! Kaweco Skyline Sport in Pink
- 08/17/15--11:15: News: Fountain K Limited Edition Soft Launch Info
- 11/24/15--07:01: The New Karas Kustoms INK
- 11/30/15--08:00: Pen Review: Pilot Metropolitan Retro Pop (and Giveaway)
I bought myself a little green Christmas present in the form of the TWSBI Diamond 580 in Christmas green color ($50). The body of the pen, where the ink reservoir is, is still transparent but the cap and piston end are a lovely green color. It’s not a kelly green which I thought it might […]
The fine folks over at MassDrop sent me a Lanier Classic Elite fountain pen around Christmas but somehow, the package got lost in the mail. So Lanier had to actually make me a new pen. It arrived last week and I wasn’t entirely sure what I would be getting. When I unwrapped the plain white […]
I’m hard pressed to call this a review since my love for the Kaweco Sport has already been fairly well documented but, I thought I’d share with you the latest edition of the Kaweco Sport Classic in dark brown (17,95€), which is a limited edition color. So far, I think Fontoplumo is the only place […]
Back in November, I saw the new Sport N Clip style clip from Kaweco and thought that it would be perfect with my well-loved Kaweco Sport Guilloch 1935 pen. I ordered the clip and, somehow, in between the time I ordered the clip and it arriving, I lost my Guilloch 1930 (see comments for explanation […]
Have I ever told you’all how much I love getting questions about pens, paper and the like? This week, I have two awesome questions. Beth, the reference librarian asked: I have a new TWSBI 580 with a custom ground nib (pen was purchased with that nib) and at the same time I purchased a second […]
When I saw the new Lamy Safari in Neon Lime (the 2015 Special Edition Color) (19.50 €) I knew immediately that I’d have to have one. The color is just too perfect not to own it. The color is such a bright yellow green its practically highlighter yellow. The Lamy is one of the longest […]
I took a lot of ribbing from readers after I reviewed the Pilot Varsity awhile back. I had a particularly bad experience so when I spied the newly repackaged Pilot Varsity ($3), I decided it was as good a reason as any to give the Varsity another try. The new pen design is the same […]
In Atlanta, I mentioned I’d never tried an Edison pen and when I returned home, my pal Kasey (AKA Punkey) had kindly sent me his Edison Nouveau Premiere to try out. This particular model is the limited edition Macassar Ebonite model that was sold through Goulet Pens in 2013. The coloring reminds me of wood […]
While I was in Atlanta, I finally got to see the new Wahl-Eversharp fountain pens up close and personal. The whole line is such a great homage to the original pen designs. There are a lot of different variations available of the Skyline design but all the details are right. My biggest dilemma was deciding […]
I recently purchased a Lamy Scala BlueBlack fountain pen (special edition 2015) with 14K gold nib (198,00 €). The pen shipped in a presentation box with a bottle of Lamy Blue Black ink and a converter. It was to be my first experience with a gold Lamy nib. The Scala has a stainless-steel barrel with […]
Pardon the smudge on the Platinum Carbon Pen. I’ve been using it for several weeks for making art, particularly of the mixed media variety and managed to get a smudge of acrylic paint on it. Should you purchase one of your own and want it to look as well-loved as mine, you must also smudge […]
I was pretty flabbergasted when my friend Kasey offered to send me his Nakaya Decapod pen to try out. It was such a kind and generous gesture considering how special (and pricey) Nakaya pens are. But that didn’t stop me from accepting his offer immediately. How often does one have the chance to test a […]
Earlier this year, I contacted Shawn Newton about making a nib holder for my large collection of Esterbrook nibs. I thought it would be a great solution for ink testing since the nib holder has no ink reservoir. This makes clean up fast and easy. Shawn was super easy to work with and the whole […]
I can’t believe I’ve waited so long to share details of the Franklin-Christoph Pocket 66 Ice that I purchased at the Atlanta Pen Show. Being able to try every single Franklin-Christoph nib and pen body at the show was such a great experience and Lori from Franklin-Christoph was a great enabler too. She carried her […]
Karas Kustoms has recently been peppering the internet with sneak peeks of their upcoming Kickstarter pen release: The Fountain K. I was lucky enough to get a prototype of the new pen to try and share with you. Pictured above is the Render K, the INK and the Fountain K all in aluminum. And to […]
I found a great collection of pen-and-pencil-centric How Its Made videos. Some you may seen but I thought this would make for great lunchtime viewing. Enjoy! This next video is how Aurora Fountain Pens are made: This is the manufacturing process of Caran d’Ache colored pencils: This next video is in Japanese subtitles with no […]
The long-awaited, new Kaweco Skyline Sport in pink (€17,95) has finally landed stateside! Now that its here and you can see its the first (and possible the only) pink pen I own. The great thing about the Kaweco Sport series is that the prices for them are so reasonable, I don’t feel too bad about […]
The fine folks at Karas Kustoms have decided to do a small launch of a range of limited edition Fountain K pens. To read the whole story, check out the Karas Kustom blog. Stay tuned for official release dates. To see my preview of the Fountain K, check out my previous post.
The first improvement to the Karas Kustoms INK fountain pen is a snazzy wrap, letterpress printed right here in Kansas City by Skylab Letterpress — not that I’m biased or anything. But it is pretty spiffy, isn’t it? CORRECTION: The premium packaging will only be included with the copper and brass models. I got a […]
I can’t believer how long Pilot waited to release the brightly colored line of their Metropolitan pens known as Retro Pop. The Retro Pop line offers six fabulous colors of the brushed aluminum bodies: red, orange, lime green, turquoise, purple and grey. And the pens are available as both fountain pens and rollerballs. I had […]