Articles on this Page
- 08/13/14--07:20: _Video: Leigh Reyes’...
- 08/21/14--13:58: _Review: Lamy Accent...
- 09/02/14--09:47: _Review: Noodler’s A...
- 10/04/14--07:36: _LWA Fountain Pen La...
- 10/13/14--14:33: _Art of The Day: Nin...
- 10/20/14--11:09: _Pen Cleaning
- 10/29/14--13:36: _Parker IM Premium F...
- 11/02/14--07:10: _Fountain Pen Day: N...
- 11/07/14--08:33: _Happy Fountain Pen ...
- 11/10/14--10:27: _Ka-week-o! Review: ...
- 11/11/14--11:42: _Ka-Week-O! Review: ...
- 11/14/14--11:19: _Ka-Week-O! Review: ...
- 12/01/14--11:39: _Giveaway: Kaweco Li...
- 12/07/14--08:56: _Ask The Desk: Ask T...
- 12/08/14--08:14: _Review: Conklin Dur...
- 12/13/14--11:05: _Review: Kaweco Spor...
- 12/15/14--07:34: _Review: Pilot Custo...
- 12/31/14--13:29: _Pre-Order: Lamy Al-...
- 01/10/15--07:00: _Review: Super5 0.5m...
- 01/13/15--09:11: _Review: Platinum Pr...
- 08/13/14--07:20: Video: Leigh Reyes’ Feathers by Twilight Singers
- 08/21/14--13:58: Review: Lamy Accent Fountain Pen
- 09/02/14--09:47: Review: Noodler’s Ahab Flexible Nib Fountain Pen
- 10/04/14--07:36: LWA Fountain Pen Laboratory
- 10/13/14--14:33: Art of The Day: Nina Johansson
- 10/20/14--11:09: Pen Cleaning
- 10/29/14--13:36: Parker IM Premium Fountain Pen: Emerald Pearl M Nib
- 11/02/14--07:10: Fountain Pen Day: Nov. 7
- 11/07/14--08:33: Happy Fountain Pen Day!
- 11/10/14--10:27: Ka-week-o! Review: Kaweco Dia 2 Fountain Pen M Nib
- 11/11/14--11:42: Ka-Week-O! Review: Kaweco AL-Sport RAW
- 11/14/14--11:19: Ka-Week-O! Review: 14K Gold BB Nib
- 12/01/14--11:39: Giveaway: Kaweco Liliput Brass Fountain Pen from Fontoplumo
- 12/08/14--08:14: Review: Conklin Duragraph Cracked Ice Fountain Pen (F Nib)
- 12/13/14--11:05: Review: Kaweco Sport Skyline Fountain Pen in Black F Nib
- 12/15/14--07:34: Review: Pilot Custom 74 Fountain Pen (F Nib)
- 12/31/14--13:29: Pre-Order: Lamy Al-Star in Copper Orange
- 01/10/15--07:00: Review: Super5 0.5mm Italic Stub Fountain Pen
- 01/13/15--09:11: Review: Platinum Preppy 0.2 EF Fountain Pen
Leigh Reyes of My Life As A Verb put together a lovely video of her pen strokes along to the lyrics of Feathers by The Twilight Singers. Lovely.
Thanks to Fontoplumo for sending me the Lamy Accent for review recently. I had not seen this Lamy before so it was a treat to get a “first peek” at it. Its an aluminum body with a soft sheen finish and the center grip section in a dark grey stained wood. The pen is so […]
I have had the Noodler’s Ahab flexible fountain pen ($20) for a couple months and have tested it with Goulet Pen’s replacement nibs but hadn’t posted about the flex nib. As others have mentioned over the years, trying to use and learning to use a flexible nib pen is very different than how we use […]
The Letter Writers Alliance is hosting a Fountain Pen Lab next Saturday in Chicago at the amazing Greer Stationery Shop. The lab is limited to 6 people and the lab fee includes a Kaweco sport demonstrator pen with a medium nib as well as all their experiences and knowledge about using fountain pens and improving […]
(via Nina Johansson)
Every once in awhile I realize that I have every fountain pen in the house inked up and haven’t used most of them in months. This inevitably leads to maniacally cleaning every pen. All the cartridges come out and every pen is disassembled to its smallest possible pieces and dropped into water. I even syringe […]
When the Parker IM Premium Fountain Pen ($52) arrived I could not wait to load it with “good ink.” I installed the stock blue cartridge that shipped with it on the counter at the post office and started doodling on the back of my junk mail. Who says pens aren’t an addiction? I got the […]
Fountain Pen Day is Friday, November 7th 2014. The first Friday in November is a day to celebrate, promote and share the love of fountain pens with the world. Celebrate in your own way by writing with your fountain pens. If you don’t own one, November 7th is the perfect day to go out and […]
There are so many sales and events going around the internet today that I’d be surprised if anyone has time to actually use their fountain pens. That said, my good friend Chris sent me this fountain penned greeting for the day. Post your own fountain penned greeting and post it on Instagram. Tag your photo […]
I know Kaweco is pronounced “ca-vek-oh” but I thought it would be fun to play on the habit I have of saying “ca-week-oh” and start the first ever Kaweco Week – KA-WEEK-O! To get the week started, I thought I’d show you a fountain pen I’ve always wanted to try: the Dia 2. Its got […]
The Kaweco AL-Sport in Raw is the same size and shape as the other Sport models but with a raw aluminum body with a high gloss finish. Its gorgeous in the hand. When compared with the brushed aluminum finish on Liliput, its obvious how much more polished the RAW AL-Sport is. Shiny! The RAW finish […]
Have you heard about the new 14K gold nibs available from Kaweco? Ooh la la! I got the chance to try out the BB, double broad nib. By eye, it looked like a stub nib, wide and flat but when I put it to paper, it created a wide soft line. Not hard edged at […]
The fine folks at Fontoplumo would like to give you a brand new Kaweco Liliput Brass fountain pen. Yep. In the spirit of the holidays, Fontoplumo wants to share with you, the joy of the Kaweco Liliput Brass pocket fountain pen. That’s it. I have an aluminum version of this pen and I just love […]
I’ve had a couple stumper questions sent to The Desk that I’ve tried researching but some are outside my field of knowledge so I thought I’d ask you, my dear readers if you could help solve these fine folks’ problems. Vicki asks: … i was given a sheaffer lifetime 14k nib pen it has the […]
Inside this large paper board box is a reasonably priced fountain pen treasure. After removing the outer shipper, there is a matching leatherette box of epic size… the suspense and tension builds. Opening the spring-loaded lid reveals a white satin bed that reminds me of a coffin but contains a beautiful Conklin Duragraph fountain pen […]
The Kaweco Sport Fountain Pen is one of my favorite tools. With the introduction of the Skyline series this year featuring silver hardware, its rocketed to the top of a lot of lists for good quality, reasonably priced fountain pens. Of the Kaweco Sport Skyline fountain pens, the black model is the most classic of […]
There have been a lot of sturdy little boxes that entered my life in the past couple of weeks. Let’s just say that the Pen Addict Podcast Annual Gift Guide episode was hell on my wallet. Inside the simple paper sleeve with the big P logo on it was a clear window box so that […]
Our fine friends over at Fontoplumo just posted the opportunity to pre-order the new Lamy AL-Star in the special 2015 Copper Orange color. There is also a special copper orange ink cartridge set available. The fountain pen is 26,90 € (about $32.50US) and the ink cartridges are a pack of 5 for 1,95 € (about […]
I recently purchased the new Super5 0.5mm stub nib fountain pen in black on a whim. I have some 0.6mm stub nibs pens from Nemosine and my beloved Esterbrook Falcon is about that width as well so I was looking forward to trying another pen with this diminutive stub. My handwriting is small and being […]
Whenever someone mentions a cursory curiosity in fountain pens, I recommend trying a Platinum Preppy. Personally, I find the nib to be fine enough on the Platinum Preppy not to scare away a new user accustomed to rollerballs, ballpoints and the occasional gel pen. And at $4, its the financial commitment equivalent of a venti […]