Articles on this Page
- 12/26/13--17:35: _Link Love: Boxing D...
- 01/07/14--10:37: _Ask The Desk: Conde...
- 01/09/14--10:08: _Ask The Desk: Clogg...
- 01/10/14--10:07: _Link Love: The Deja...
- 01/15/14--12:17: _Review: Pilot Kakun...
- 01/17/14--07:42: _Link Love: Puns and...
- 01/17/14--09:48: _Kaweco Art Sport Am...
- 01/27/14--10:02: _Link Love: The Good...
- 02/07/14--07:29: _Link Love: Instagra...
- 02/26/14--07:23: _Review: Monteverde ...
- 02/26/14--12:24: _Review: Ohto DUDE F...
- 03/07/14--11:37: _Link Love of Epic P...
- 03/12/14--10:38: _Review: Pilot Plumi...
- 03/13/14--11:36: _Review: Nock Co Loo...
- 07/10/14--07:19: _Review: Monteverde ...
- 07/16/14--10:18: _Review: Jinhao X750...
- 07/17/14--07:11: _The Tinieist Founta...
- 08/04/14--07:11: _Review: Pelikan M20...
- 08/05/14--07:47: _Review: Monteverde ...
- 08/07/14--15:23: _Review: Noodler’s A...
- 12/26/13--17:35: Link Love: Boxing Day Edition
- 01/07/14--10:37: Ask The Desk: Condensation in my TWSBI
- 01/09/14--10:08: Ask The Desk: Clogged Fountain Pens
- 01/10/14--10:07: Link Love: The Deja Vu Edition
- 01/15/14--12:17: Review: Pilot Kakuno Fine Nib
- 01/17/14--07:42: Link Love: Puns and Paper
- 01/17/14--09:48: Kaweco Art Sport Amber Fine Nib
- 01/27/14--10:02: Link Love: The Good, The Bad & The Postal Rate Increase
- 02/07/14--07:29: Link Love: Instagrammatical & TWSBIs (made-up words!)
- 02/26/14--07:23: Review: Monteverde Poquito Fountain Pen
- 02/26/14--12:24: Review: Ohto DUDE Fountain Pen
- 03/07/14--11:37: Link Love of Epic Proportions!
- 03/12/14--10:38: Review: Pilot Plumix 1.1mm
- 03/13/14--11:36: Review: Nock Co Lookout 3-Pen Holster
- 07/10/14--07:19: Review: Monteverde Intima Neon Green 1.1mm Stub Fountain Pen
- 07/16/14--10:18: Review: Jinhao X750 “Shimmering Sands” + Goulet Pens Nibs
- 07/17/14--07:11: The Tinieist Fountain Pen
- 08/04/14--07:11: Review: Pelikan M205 Fountain Pen
- 08/05/14--07:47: Review: Monteverde Prima F Fountain Pen in Green Swirl
- 08/07/14--15:23: Review: Noodler’s Ahab with Goulet Pens 1.1mm Italic Stub Nib
Fabulous video of a hand-writing automaton boy built over 240 years ago (via Letter Writers Alliance) Paper & Notebooks: Studio Ghibli Moleskine (not for sale) (via Notebook Stories) Overview of the Word Standard Memorandum (via East, West, Everywhere) Doane Flap Jotter Notepad Review (via Ed Jelley) Scout Books Mega DIY Notebooks (via Design Concussion) Nock Co. Hobonichi […]
Chris asks: My wife bought me my first TWSBI for Christmas this year–a TWSBI Mini demonstrator. I’ve filled it with Iroshizuku Kon-Peki and carry it in my front shirt pocket, right next to my heart. One problem: I’ve had trouble with moisture collecting inside the cap and the grip section of the pen. Initially the […]
wellapptdeskAsk The Desk Headerdisassembled TWSBI mini
Tom asks: Several of my fountain pens seem to be clogged. Certainly the ink does not flow as freely as it did when they were new. The tried and true cures – such as soaking in a bowl of warm water with two drops of ammonia – do not seem to work. What is the […]
wellapptdeskAsk The Desk Header
A lot of topics I’ve mentioned in the past, have made appearances on other blogs this week. I thought I’d start with those… Note: In this section, the first link is my original post and the links in parentheses are the posts from other bloggers. Write Notepads (via Pencil Revolution and My Pen Needs Ink) […]
wellapptdesk(via Pelikan Edelstein)
I finally got a hold of a Pilot Kakuno Fountain Pen. Its an introductory fountain pen, originally targeted to school kids, with its plastic body and low price ($16.50). The cap has no clip and is the part of the pen available in a variety of colors. I, of course, bought the lime green cap […]
wellapptdeskpilot kakuno pilot kakunopilot kakuno writing sample
Paper: World War 2 Diaries Found in Attic (via Notebook Stories) Pocket Notebooks: What does Fountain Pen Friendly really mean? (via Ed Jelley) Paperblanks Journals (via Inkophile) Moleskine Cahier Pocket Notebook (vi Ink of Me Fondly) Pens and Ink: Esterbrook #1461 Rigid Fine (via Fountain Pen Quest) Kaweco Carribean Turquoise Ink (via The Pencil Case […]
wellapptdeskLink LoveWired Mechanical Pencil Round-up
You may recognize this pen from Brad’s review posted a couple months ago. It might look almost identical because it is the same pen. Brad kindly sent it over to me after I whined mercilessly about not getting any love from Kaweco. Then he sent me a replacement nib for it so that I could […]
wellapptdeskKaweco Art SportKaweco Art SportKaweco Art SportKaweco Art Sportkaweco art sportkaweco art sport
Pens & Ink: Kaweco Sport Luxe Fountain Pen (via The Pencil Case Blog) Vintage Pen Review: ca. 1929 Parker Lady Duofold “Lucky Curve” (via Pen Habit) The Airfoil by Masterstroke – Aviation Inspired Kickstarter Pen (via Clicky Post) Retro 51 Tornado Black Acrylic Fountain Pen Review (via The Pen Addict) ACME “Eames Chairs” Rollerball (via […]
wellapptdeskShades of Lime (via A Penchant For Paper)US Postal Rate Increases (illustration by Donovan Beeson via Letter Writers Alliance)
Yeah for awesome Instagram friends! If you’re not following the folks in the photo collage above, I highly recommend them for wonderful office accoutrement photo yummies. In other news: Paper and Notebooks: I May Never Buy a New Moleskine Again (via Notebooks Stories) Fountain Pen Friendly Paper (via Rhodia Drive) New from Palomino : Fabio […]
wellapptdeskImage credits (clockwise from top left: Noyolajose, Mary Kate McDevitt, Tuesday Next [that's me!], FPGeeks, Rad And Hungry, MyCoffeePot, Rad And Hungry, Elltbr, and GouletPens)(via Creatively Curated)
The fine folks over at Pen Chalet gave me the opportunity to try the new Monteverde Poquito fountain pen (Retail price $30; from Pen Chalet, $27). Its a classic looking, teeny tiny pocket pen for sure. This is the first Monteverde pen I’ve tried so I was quite excited for the chance to take my first […]
wellapptdeskMonteverde Poquito fountain penMonteverde Poquito fountain penMonteverde Poquito fountain pen Size ComparisonMonteverde Poquito fountain pensize comparisonMonteverde Poquito fountain pen writing sampleMonteverde Poquito fountain pen
The Ohto Dude Fountain Pen is pretty notable simply because its a metal body fountain pen for a mere $24.50. Its got a pleasing hexagonal shape, aluminum body and the cap easily posts to make it a nice sized, well-weighted pen. It takes standard European short cartridges or a converter. I used the Kaweco […]
wellapptdeskOhto DudeOhto DudeOhto Dude postedOhto Dude finish comparisonOhto Dude nibOhto Dude gripOhto Dude Writing sampleOhto Dude Writing sampleOhto Dude writing sample
Pens: Review: ACME Studio Rollerball and Fountain Pen (via J Robert Lennon) Zebra Prefill 3 Color Mutli-Pen (via No Pen Intended) Buying a Grail Pen (via Ed Jelley) What’s your favorite pen? (via Gizmodo) Pentel Energel Multiple Pen Review (via That One Pen) It’s all about the money boys #2: sub £20 pens (via A […]
wellapptdeskClampersand (via Domesticated Desk)Life Imitates Art: Vector Pencil Art (via Woodclinched)
I confess that I quite specifically got the Pilot Plumix Medium Flat Italic (comparable to a 1.1mm) fountain pen ($7.25) to cannibalize the nib for the Pilot Metropolitan ($14.50) pen I have. I had the chance to try out the Plumix thanks to a local pen geek (Thanks, Geoff!) and immediately went home and ordered […]
Pilot Plumix 1.1mm writing samplewellapptdeskPilot Plumix 1.1mm writing samplePilot Metropolitan and PlumixPilot Plumix disassembledNew Improved Pilot MetropolitanPilot PLumix 1.1mm writing comparison
I’ve always been a bit hesitant to invest in a holster-style pen case. Most of my pens retail for less than $50 so it seemed like overkill to invest in an expensive carrying case for my hacked Metropolitan or my TWSBI Mini. But thankfully, the Nock Co Kickstarter campaign put the Lookout Pen Holster in […]
Nock Co Lookout Pen HolsterwellapptdeskNock Co Lookout Pen HolsterNock Co Lookout Pen HolsterNock Co Lookout Pen Holster
You may be asking yourself “Why didn’t she own this pen already?” Trust me, I’ve been asking myself the same question since it arrived. The Monteverde Intima ($52) is a stunningly swirly mix of lime and kelly green colors with a white opalescent sheen embedded in the resin. All the hardware is black including the […]
The Jinhao X750 “Shimminering Sands” ($9.90) is a sturdy, solid pen. Looking at it, I never would have guessed it’s a budget fountain pen. The celestial sparkles embedded in the black body are truly amazing. I had to take it outside into the sunlight just to watch it catch the light. It reminded me of […]
Inside this miniature 1.25″ fountain pen charm is a real working nib. It can be dipped and will write. Comes with a tiny ink bottle charm that can hold ink to ink the pen nib. Pretty charming. Pen comes on a 18″ silver plated chain. ($34.99 from YougNeek on Etsy, tip o’ the hat to […]
First, I have to say thanks to Mr. Mike Dudek at The Clicky Post for letting me borrow his Pelikan M205. His review of the M205 suggested that the pen may not live up to its hype so I was pleased to have a chance to try it before I invested in my own. Mike […]
The Monteverde Prima is another of the gloriously swirly body designs from the Monteverde line. Like the Intima, the colored resin is beautifully done. While the Intima is lime green blended with white and kelly green, the Prima is blended with black. For some reason the luminous, almost iridescent quality to the resin is more […]
The Noodler’s Ahab pen is a good plastic fountain pen option for the price point. And to be honest, though it is light in the hand like a plastic pen, it doesn’t look cheap or plastic-y. The metallic sheen in the color makes it look like a pricier pen. The chrome trim looks good and […]