Articles on this Page
- 10/02/13--07:22: _Link Love: I HAVE A...
- 10/03/13--08:03: _Video: Nib Tuning f...
- 10/07/13--06:51: _Review: Iroshizuku ...
- 10/10/13--07:55: _Nib Tuning, The Ama...
- 10/19/13--08:36: _Link Love: Overdue ...
- 10/25/13--06:59: _Link Love: All Penn...
- 10/30/13--10:11: _Link Love: Fountain...
- 11/01/13--12:56: _Happy Fountain Pen ...
- 11/08/13--07:31: _NPR talks to Daly’s...
- 11/11/13--07:15: _Link Love: Notebook...
- 11/25/13--07:56: _Link Love: Miscella...
- 12/04/13--09:45: _Link Love: Holiday ...
- 12/10/13--10:53: _Link Love: Heart-St...
- 12/16/13--08:05: _News: Ink is UP!
- 12/23/13--13:51: _Review: Karas Kusto...
- 12/26/13--17:35: _Link Love: Boxing D...
- 01/07/14--10:37: _Ask The Desk: Conde...
- 01/09/14--10:08: _Ask The Desk: Clogg...
- 01/10/14--10:07: _Link Love: The Deja...
- 01/15/14--12:17: _Review: Pilot Kakun...
- 10/02/13--07:22: Link Love: I HAVE ALL THE LINKS!
- 10/03/13--08:03: Video: Nib Tuning from FPGeeks
- 10/07/13--06:51: Review: Iroshizuku Ku-jaku Peacock Ink
- 10/10/13--07:55: Nib Tuning, The Amateur Approach
- 10/19/13--08:36: Link Love: Overdue Again
- 10/25/13--06:59: Link Love: All Penned Up
- 10/30/13--10:11: Link Love: Fountain Pen Day and NaNoWriMo
- 11/01/13--12:56: Happy Fountain Pen Day!
- 11/08/13--07:31: NPR talks to Daly’s Pen Shop
- 11/11/13--07:15: Link Love: Notebooks, Scanners and Places to Go
- 11/25/13--07:56: Link Love: Miscellany Loves Company
- 12/04/13--09:45: Link Love: Holiday Mail and More
- 12/10/13--10:53: Link Love: Heart-Stealing Pens, Paper & Inks
- 12/16/13--08:05: News: Ink is UP!
- 12/23/13--13:51: Review: Karas Kustoms Ink Fountain Pen
- 12/26/13--17:35: Link Love: Boxing Day Edition
- 01/07/14--10:37: Ask The Desk: Condensation in my TWSBI
- 01/09/14--10:08: Ask The Desk: Clogged Fountain Pens
- 01/10/14--10:07: Link Love: The Deja Vu Edition
- 01/15/14--12:17: Review: Pilot Kakuno Fine Nib
Hot News: Penmanship Workshop (on Thursday in Chicago!) (via Behind The Curtain) Nock Co. Reviews and Previews: The Nock Co. Hightower 3+1 (via The Clicky Post) The Nock Co. Sassafras (via From The Pen Cup) The Nock Co. Lookout Pen Case (via Ed Jelley) Postal Enthusiasm: William H. Gross Stamp Gallery Opening (via Smithsonian Postal […]
The cast of FPGeeks video podcast got together with Brian from the Edison Pen Company to discuss and demonstrate methods for tuning pen nibs. After watching this, I am feeling brave enough to tackle a few troublesome pens in my collection. Its a pretty long video but worth watching. Brian is super knowledgeable and gives […]
I am finally getting around to reviewing some of the dozens of inks I’ve accumulated. The first up was a random grab from the stash, Pilot Iroshizuku Ku-Jaku ($28 per bottle) which is a bright peacock blue. I’ve been using it in a variety of pens over the past week. Its a bright, deep turquoise blue. Pilot Iroshizuku […]
Remember a few weeks ago I was a little sad about the fabulous Esterbrook #2442 Falcon nib that Cliff sent to me because it was scratchy and didn’t always put ink on the paper? And then remember last week I posted the FPGeeks Nib Tuning video? Well, I decided it was time to marry up […]
Pencil acquisitions from Kinokuniya (via Paper Pastries) Inks: Iroshizuku Yu-Yake (via Fountain Pen Quest) Iroshizuku Fuyu-gaki (via East West Everywhere) De Atramentis Plum (via Ed Jelley) Rohrer & Klingner Scabiosa Review (via The Pen Addict) Pens and Pencils: Kaweco Art Sport Fountain Pen (via The Pen Addict) — really JEALOUS! Hero 359 Summer Safari (via […]
Pens: Fountain Pen Guide Series, Session 1: Nibs, Feeds, and How They Come Together and Fountain Pen Guide Series, Session 2: The Difference A Filling System Makes (via Pentorium) That Fountain Pen Is Too Much Trouble (via Inkophile) Ohto F-Lapa Fountain Pen F (via Ink of Me Fondly) Levenger’s Facets Fountain Pen (via From The Pen Cup) Kaweco […]
Two big pen- and paper-related events are happening on November 1. There is the second annual Fountain Pen Day so its time to dust off your collection, clean ‘em or refill them and show your fountain pen pride. And then there’s the annual NaNoWriMo, AKA The National Novel Writing Month, which starts on November 1 […]
wellapptdeskKaweco Liliput Nib EF
Thanks to former Hallmarker and lettering artist Chris Purcell for this lovely greeting for Fountain Pen Day. UK-based Pen Heaven has a lovely list of fountain pen facts to share today. Show your fountain pen pride today! Or maybe use today as an excuse to buy that new pen you’ve been eyeballing.
As we all know here, “The reports of my (pen) death have been greatly exaggerated.” However, NPR decided to report on the demise of the pen market. The story featured Milwaukee’s Daly’s Pen Shop, in business since 1924. The story isn’t as gloom-and-doom as I thought it would be though it did startle some folks in the […]
wellapptdeskEntry Level Fountain Pen Showdown
Notebooks: Iconic Essay Book v.2 Review (via Vertical Paper) Monologue Jotter A5 (via No Pen Intended) Morning Glory Passion Notebook (via Unroyal Warrant) Apica CD Notebook CD15 (semi-B5) (via Ed Jelley) Word. Bandana Books (via Pencil Revolution) Ideal Notebook Size for In-Flight Tray? (via Rhodia Drive) Places to Visit: A Tour of Karas Kustoms and […]
wellapptdesklong point sharpener
There were lots of hard-to-categorize bits of wonderfulness on the pen-blogospere this week including the epic link list from the Pen Addict Podcast Gift Guide Episode (#81) which is a link list onto itself. Fabulous Miscellany: Pen Addict Podcast #81: You stole my Wish List Item featuring ME! with huge link list (via 5by5) Cut […]
wellapptdeskHarryPotter-Forever-PaneInterior-BGv1Pencil stylus by FiftyThree
Letter Writing and Postal Follies: USPS Holiday Postal Deadlines (via Letter Writers Alliance) SF Snail Mail Social on Friday, December 7 (via Good Mail Day) Paper Parcel Monthly Subscriptions (via Saturday Morning Vintage) Vintage V-Mail WWII stationery (via Missive Maven) How to Write the Perfect Holiday Letter (via Crane & Co.) Encouraging Thank You Notes […]
wellapptdeskUSPS Holiday Post DeadlinesNeil Gaiman and his Lamy 2000
Pencils: Lots of great videos including spinning pencils and Count von Faber-Castell drinking ink and throwing pencils out a castle window (via Pencil Revolution) Bullet Pencil Restoration (via Woodclinched) Notebooks & Paper: Field Notes Cold Horizon Review (Unroyal Warrant) Field Notes Planning System (via Simple Ideas and Thoughts) Tomoe River Paper Review (via Vertical Paper) […]
wellapptdeskPen Buying Process
While the title might seem cryptic, it will all make sense in a moment…. There are so many things to be thankful for this holiday. And one gift I wasn’t expecting… a new Kickstarter project from the fine folks at Karas Kustoms. This is just a peek of the new Ink fountain pen (rollerball option […]
wellapptdeskInk by Karas Kustoms
I’ve alluded to the latest Kickstarter project from Karas Kustoms for several weeks but I wanted to write-up a good thorough review with lots of photos to entice and satisfy any questions. So here it is! Dan over at Karas Kustoms was kind enough to send me a prototype Ink fountain pen to get my […]
wellapptdeskKaras Kustoms Ink Fountain PenKaras Kustoms Ink Fountain Pen capKaras Kustoms Ink Fountain PenKaras Kustoms Ink Fountain Pen nib with Lamy StudioKaras Kustoms Ink Fountain Pen size comparison
Fabulous video of a hand-writing automaton boy built over 240 years ago (via Letter Writers Alliance) Paper & Notebooks: Studio Ghibli Moleskine (not for sale) (via Notebook Stories) Overview of the Word Standard Memorandum (via East, West, Everywhere) Doane Flap Jotter Notepad Review (via Ed Jelley) Scout Books Mega DIY Notebooks (via Design Concussion) Nock Co. Hobonichi […]
Chris asks: My wife bought me my first TWSBI for Christmas this year–a TWSBI Mini demonstrator. I’ve filled it with Iroshizuku Kon-Peki and carry it in my front shirt pocket, right next to my heart. One problem: I’ve had trouble with moisture collecting inside the cap and the grip section of the pen. Initially the […]
wellapptdeskAsk The Desk Headerdisassembled TWSBI mini
Tom asks: Several of my fountain pens seem to be clogged. Certainly the ink does not flow as freely as it did when they were new. The tried and true cures – such as soaking in a bowl of warm water with two drops of ammonia – do not seem to work. What is the […]
wellapptdeskAsk The Desk Header
A lot of topics I’ve mentioned in the past, have made appearances on other blogs this week. I thought I’d start with those… Note: In this section, the first link is my original post and the links in parentheses are the posts from other bloggers. Write Notepads (via Pencil Revolution and My Pen Needs Ink) […]
wellapptdesk(via Pelikan Edelstein)
I finally got a hold of a Pilot Kakuno Fountain Pen. Its an introductory fountain pen, originally targeted to school kids, with its plastic body and low price ($16.50). The cap has no clip and is the part of the pen available in a variety of colors. I, of course, bought the lime green cap […]
wellapptdeskpilot kakuno pilot kakunopilot kakuno writing sample