Articles on this Page
- 06/17/13--12:21: _Review: Pilot Cocoo...
- 06/27/13--08:14: _Link Love: Inks, RE...
- 07/12/13--15:38: _Link Love: Instragr...
- 07/15/13--09:52: _Tutorial: Filling a...
- 07/16/13--10:38: _Ink Drop Reveal: Ju...
- 07/17/13--13:47: _Pilot Prera Re-Review
- 07/18/13--15:18: _Link Love: Minding ...
- 07/22/13--07:08: _Tips for Troublesom...
- 07/28/13--10:00: _What’s a Swivodex?
- 07/31/13--15:01: _Italic Nib Fountain...
- 08/05/13--07:09: _Link Love: The Two ...
- 08/14/13--14:26: _Esterbrook 2442 Fal...
- 08/16/13--09:46: _Link Love: Handwrit...
- 08/21/13--10:07: _My Daily Carry for ...
- 08/22/13--10:27: _Link Love: The Goss...
- 08/24/13--07:47: _Kaweco Fantasie Fou...
- 08/30/13--11:21: _Link Love: Long Lab...
- 09/04/13--07:55: _Review: Kaweco Lili...
- 09/08/13--08:06: _Link Love: Pencil-c...
- 09/11/13--10:17: _Sale: Pelikan M205 ...
- 06/17/13--12:21: Review: Pilot Cocoon Fountain Pen
- 06/27/13--08:14: Link Love: Inks, RETRAKT and general pen love
- 07/12/13--15:38: Link Love: Instragramatics and more
- 07/15/13--09:52: Tutorial: Filling a TWSBI with a syringe
- 07/16/13--10:38: Ink Drop Reveal: July 2013
- 07/17/13--13:47: Pilot Prera Re-Review
- 07/18/13--15:18: Link Love: Minding the Ps and Qs
- 07/22/13--07:08: Tips for Troublesome Fountain Pens
- 07/28/13--10:00: What’s a Swivodex?
- 07/31/13--15:01: Italic Nib Fountain Pens for Auction
- 08/05/13--07:09: Link Love: The Two Weeks Late Edition
- 08/14/13--14:26: Esterbrook 2442 Falcon Nib
- 08/16/13--09:46: Link Love: Handwriting, Pencils and Rollerball Refills
- 08/21/13--10:07: My Daily Carry for the Week of Aug 18
- 08/22/13--10:27: Link Love: The Gossip Edition
- 08/24/13--07:47: Kaweco Fantasie Fountain Pen
- 08/30/13--11:21: Link Love: Long Labor Day Weekend Edition
- 09/04/13--07:55: Review: Kaweco Liliput EF
- 09/08/13--08:06: Link Love: Pencil-centric
- 09/11/13--10:17: Sale: Pelikan M205 Highlighter Fountain Pen
At first glance, the Pilot Cocoon looks like nothing more than a Pilot Metropolitan in a fancy box. It does bear a striking resemblance to the Pilot Metropolitan in its outer appearance, though the lovely midnight blue anodized color is … Continue reading
wellapptdeskPilot Cocoon Fountain PenCocoon vs. MetropolitanPilot Cocoon writing sampleCocoon vs. MetropolitanCocoon Pen and goodies
The BIG NEWS: If you are interested in the Karas Kustoms RETRAKT project on Kickstarter, check out the Karas Kustoms blog , Clicky Post and From the Pen Cup or my short write-up and goofy video. Brad over at Pen … Continue reading
wellapptdeskRemind yourself to take a break throughout the day with this desktop wallpaper from How About Orange.The Great Gatsby in pencil
I find office supplies inspiration everywhere. As I’ve posted before, Pinterest is a source of products, ideas and inspiration but I get just as much valuable information on Instagram and Twitter too. Yeah for other office supply lovers! Pens and … Continue reading
wellapptdesklinklove-instagramtour-de-france-wallpaperlinklove-instagram2DIY Inkodye photo transfer pencil case (via Etsy Blog)
Last week, there was a brief discussion on The Pen Addict Podcast about how to fill a TWSBI with sample ink. There is not enough ink in a sample vial to fill the pen by the usual method: inserting pen … Continue reading
wellapptdeskStep 1: unscrew the nib unitStep 2: locate the small hole in the bodyStep 3: collect your syringe and ink sampleStep 4: fill your syringestep 5: insert the syringe into the ink reservoir and plunge inkStep 6: Admire filled ink reservoirStep 7: Reattach nib unit and start writing
This month’s Ink Drop selection from Goulet Pens is themed “America” in honor of the Fourth of July. Of course, red (in the form of Noodler’s Rattler Red Eel) and blue are featured prominently as well as inks with patriotically … Continue reading
wellapptdeskInk Drop: July 2013
When I spotted the Pilot Prera in its slimy-limey green plastic, I knew I had to buy one. And as someone with a huge preference towards fine, fine lines, I purchased the F nib. I wrote a review about how … Continue reading
wellapptdeskTwo Preras are better than onePilot Prera F and MPilot Prera Writing samplesPilot Prera smaples close-up
Pens and Pencils: Lamy Noto Ballpoint Pen Review (via Clicky Post) How to refill a Coleto Mechanical Pencil component (via East, West, Everywhere) Schneider Xtra 805 0.5 Black and Red Pen Review (via Economy Pens) Kaweco AL Sport Fountain Pen … Continue reading
wellapptdeskI absolutely love perpetual calendars and Oh, Hello Friend has a fabulous collection.This week, FPQuest inked up a fabulous collection of vintage Esterbrooks. So many lovely examples!
At some point in a pen obsessive’s life, you will find yourself in possession of a “troublesome pen”. Maybe it bloops inks, maybe it’s scratchy or maybe the ink just does not flow. I thought I’d put together my quick … Continue reading
Ever heard of a Swivodex? Its an ink wells designed by the same people who invented the Rolodex. Its a tip-proof ink well that can be tilted (think “Weebles wobble but they don’t fall down!”) to get more ink out … Continue reading
Loyal reader and friend, Chris P., is listing a couple pens for sale on Ebay and I wanted to share them. Chris is a retired lettering artist and an italic nib fan so these are a couple sweet pens with … Continue reading
Pencils: Staedtler Norica HB Review (via Pencil Revolution) Palomino Blackwing Pearl Review (via Woodlcinched) Palomino Blackwing Pearl Review (via Design Concussion) Tombow Havanna 100th anniversary mechanical pencil (via The Pencil Case Blog) Neon Ticonderoga Review (via Pencil Revolution) Pens: Kaweco … Continue reading
wellapptdeskEd Jelley's Pen and Ink TattooPaper Message Tape (via Oh, Hello Friend)
Reader Cliff offered to send me an Esterbrook Falcon nib and I gladly accepted. What I didn’t realize until it arrived is that it is the same number as my favorite Esterbrook nibs — the #2442. It turns out that … Continue reading
wellapptdeskfinestuba handful of EstiesEsterbrook 2442 side-by-sideEasterbrook 2442 writing samples
Handwriting: Life as an Addicted Cursive Writer by Alice Jenkins (via A Penchant For Paper) A Word or Two on Penmanship (via East West Everywhere) The Dying Art of Handwriting (via Time) Pens: Green Pen Comparison (via A Penchant for … Continue reading
I haven’t done a daily carry post for awhile so I thought I’d give you all a peek into my bag, its a Letter Writers Alliance member pencil case, in case you were curious. I have a few of my … Continue reading
wellapptdeskDaily Carry for the week of Aug 18
The Gossip: There’s been some big news around The Pen Addict and a soon-to-be-launched Kickstarter project under the name Nock Co. There’s rumors that following the success of the RETRAKT, Karas Kustoms might be making something fountain pennish. You didn’t … Continue reading
wellapptdeskMy darling friend Sandi did this fabulous sketch and kindly included the pens she used -- the ever handy Sakura Pigma Microns
There is a new Kaweco fountain pen to ogle. Its called the Fantasie Fountain Pen. There’s a ballpoint option available as well and the refill is actually listed as a G2 and looks like a standard Parker-style refill. It’s designed … Continue reading
I’m taking off for the Labor Day weekend but will be back, re-inked, freshly sharpened and opened to a clean page on Tuesday. In the meantime, enjoy the diverse collection of links this week and feel free to explore the … Continue reading
I cannot tell you how long I’ve wanted this pen. Its no secret I’m a big fan of the Kaweco line in general. While I am not generally inclined to be interested in “girlie” tools I like the smaller scale … Continue reading
wellapptdeskKaweco Liliput and Pocket KnifeKaweco Liliput size comparisonKaweco Liliput Nib EFFountain Pen WeightsKaweco Liliput Writing Sample
Pencils: Rainbow Pencils (via Kickstarter, found the link by way of Woodclinched) Flat Cedar Pencils (via Pencil Talk by way of Palimpsest) Faber Castell Grip Sparkle (via Pencil Talk) –insert squee of joy here, this is one of my favorite … Continue reading
wellapptdeskfe0cb6b76ac7744230286b88886fb0e8_largePostal Museum Gallery Opening Flyer
This week, Levenger is selling the Pelikan M205 highlighter pen set with BB (double broad) nib and bottle of fluorescent yellow ink for $87, reduced from the regular retail price of $175. Sale is good through Sunday and the discount … Continue reading