Articles on this Page
- 09/27/16--07:09: _Pen Review: Regal A...
- 10/25/16--07:03: _Pen Review: Namisu ...
- 10/27/16--08:00: _Pen Review: Delta V...
- 11/14/16--08:00: _Pen Review: TWSBI E...
- 11/18/16--08:00: _Pen Review: Aurora ...
- 11/29/16--08:00: _Ask The Desk: Lamy ...
- 12/24/16--08:00: _Giveaway: Montegrap...
- 01/16/17--08:00: _Pen Review: Viscont...
- 01/23/17--08:00: _Pen Review: Pilot C...
- 02/07/17--07:00: _Review (and Giveawa...
- 02/13/17--08:00: _Pen Review: Lamy AL...
- 02/16/17--08:00: _Pen Review: Weight ...
- 04/03/17--08:00: _Fountain Pen Review...
- 04/11/17--16:00: _Fountain Pen Review...
- 05/05/17--08:00: _My First Fountain P...
- 05/29/17--06:00: _Desk News & Beyond
- 05/30/17--08:00: _Montegrappa Felicit...
- 06/05/17--08:00: _Dudek Modern Goods ...
- 06/27/17--11:00: _Product Review: Dee...
- 02/13/17--08:00: _Pen Review: Lamy AL...
- 09/27/16--07:09: Pen Review: Regal Alice Fountain Pen
- 10/25/16--07:03: Pen Review: Namisu Nova Titanium Deluxe
- 10/27/16--08:00: Pen Review: Delta Virtuosa Medium Fusion Nib Fountain Pen
- 11/14/16--08:00: Pen Review: TWSBI Eco Lime Green Fountain Pen
- 11/18/16--08:00: Pen Review: Aurora Optima Perla Fountain Pen
- 11/29/16--08:00: Ask The Desk: Lamy Fountain Pens over $50
- 12/24/16--08:00: Giveaway: Montegrappa Fortuna Rainbow Fountain Pen
- 01/23/17--08:00: Pen Review: Pilot Custom 912 Waverly Nib
- 02/16/17--08:00: Pen Review: Weight of Words Fountain Pen (Fine Nib)
- 04/11/17--16:00: Fountain Pen Review: Sailor 1911 Fresca Regular with Fine Nib
- 05/05/17--08:00: My First Fountain Pen(s)
- 05/29/17--06:00: Desk News & Beyond
- 05/30/17--08:00: Montegrappa Felicita Fountain Pen in Sugar Pink Dust
- 06/05/17--08:00: Dudek Modern Goods “The Lady” Display
- 06/27/17--11:00: Product Review: Dee Charles Leather Pen Sleeve
The Regal Alice fountain pen is a slender copper body pen with a shimmer metallic finish and silver tone hardware. The pen is pretty, inexpensive and feels nice in the hand. Everyone who sees it compliments its looks and asks about it because the color is unusual and the slim understated design is something not often […]
The Namisu Nova Titanium Deluxe is my first experience with a titanium fountain pen and a titanium nib. The overall shape and feel of the pen is a smooth machined cigar shape. It’s very space-aged. There is no clip so it will roll off the table at a moment’s notice. This is definitely a pen […]
The Delta Virtuosa is my first experience with a Delta pen and with the Delta Fusion nib. First, let me mention the packaging, which is not something I normally do because, honestly, I prefer the packaging to be protective and recyclable. In the case of the Delta packaging, it is protective but not particularly recyclable. […]
I was a little hesitant to get another TWSBI simply because I already own a Mini and a couple of 580 models so I saw no real reason to purchase to budget-priced Eco model, until they released the lime green model and then my urge was entirely based on aesthetics. When looking at the Eco, the […]
Some days call for a pen that make me feel like Audrey Hepburn on a Roman Holiday. On those days, I cannot carry around a plastic gel pen with scented ink in it. Oh, no. On those days, I need something with stature and sophistication. A pen that says I’m ready to take on the […]
Niles asked: I’m looking for a left-handed fountain pen. You wrote an article that said: Lamy nibs are awesome and if you are ready to invest in a fountain pen over $50, I have plenty of Lamys I can recommend. Any change you could name a few – would really appreciate it. As it turns […]
As only the Italians could say it, PACE! When we were traveling in Italy several years ago, there were flags flying from every window with a bright rainbow with bold letters saying “PACE” which means PEACE. And today, of all days that is what I wish for you. The kind folks at Kenro are helping […]
The Visconti Wall Street Limited Edition Green Pearl is the first Visconti that I’ve ever had the privilege to use. In terms of looks, its probably the exact model I would have picked for myself. The layered green celluloid catches the light similarly to vintage Parker Vacumatics. As someone who’s heart is perpetually stuck in a […]
The Pilot Custom 912 Waverly ($224) is a most unusual fountain pen. And its not unsual for its exterior. From the outside, it looks like what the Brits might call a “saloon car”. Not in a bad way. It’s an upscale 4-door black sedan in the nicest possible way but no one would look at […]
Do not adjust your monitor… the Monteverde Neon Pink Intima Fountain Pen and Ballpoint Set (Special Sale Price $52) are really this bright! I have previously reviewed the Neon Green version of the fountain pen and it was priced so that this deal is basically like getting the ballpoint for free. Also, while the neon green was bright, […]
I spent a very amused hour listening to Myke and Brad fuss about the new Lamy Special Editions for 2017 on this week’s episode of the Pen Addict. Did you hear the episode? First, a big congratulations to the guys for reaching their five year milestone! I was tickled that Brad was so passionate about […]
This morning I noticed several other people posting about their YStudio The Weight of Words Brassing Portable Fountain Pens so it must be in the air this week. These somewhat rare little gems from Taiwan seem to be making their way around the world and ending up in the hands of many fountain pen fans. […]
The Aurora Style Aquamarine Fountain Pen with extra fine nib is probably one of the most budget-friendly Italian pens. The pen price is $85 at the time of this review which is pretty reasonable. Aurora makes their own nibs so there is real appeal to being able to get an Aurora for less than $100, even […]
Last year, I fell in love with Sailor pens when I purchased my first Pro Gear Slim, the Bungbox Pink Love and then later acquired the rare Purple Lamé which featured a custom ground super fine nib. I had not braved purchasing a larger Sailor pen because I have so enjoyed the compact Slim size […]
Review by Laura Cameron I’m new around here, but I have a confession to make: I might be addicted to pens. I’ve been around pen enthusiasts for years. My father can always be found with a pen in his shirt pocket and, more often than not, it’s a fountain pen with a fine nib and peacock […]
Shop Updates: If you’ve been waiting to purchase a Col-o-ring, the wait is over! The shop is not only stocked with Col-o-ring books but we are adding other products back to the inventory as well including some choice stationery goodies like the Star Chart note cards. These cards are a joint-venture from Skylab Letterpress and…
The Montegrappa Felicitá (pronounced “fella-cheetah” which I learned thanks to the fine fellas at Kenro over drinks in Chicago) is a lovely new line of smaller scale, pearlescent fountain pens. The overall look of these pens is beautiful and somewhat understated from a brand known for doing some pretty elaborate designs. As a result, the…
When a vintage fountain pen collection goes supernova, it requires its own epic display. Leave it to Mike Dudek of Dudek Modern Goods to deliver the kind of display that makes me hum the opening to 2001: A Space Odyssey every time I put my pens away. I started collecting Lady Sheaffer Skripserts about a…
I’ve never owned a leather pen sleeve that wasn’t something that came with a pen purchase. So when I was offered the opportunity to try a “nice” pen sleeve from Dee Charles to carry my Aurora Optima, I leapt at the chance. The Dee Charles single pen sleeve in Midnight Gold ($19.80) is a thick black…
I spent a very amused hour listening to Myke and Brad fuss about the new Lamy Special Editions for 2017 on this week’s episode of the Pen Addict. Did you hear the episode? First, a big congratulations to the guys for reaching their five year milestone! I was tickled that Brad was so passionate about…