Articles on this Page
- 02/28/13--06:43: _What’s new in the T...
- 03/05/13--10:12: _Budget Fountain Pen...
- 03/06/13--07:21: _Let’s Talk About St...
- 03/07/13--09:50: _TWSBI Mini Review…F...
- 03/11/13--10:03: _Fountain Pen Exhibi...
- 03/12/13--10:34: _Happy Doodle Varsit...
- 03/13/13--07:10: _Link Love: Random L...
- 03/14/13--08:13: _Ask the Desk: “Razo...
- 03/20/13--09:54: _Link Love: Google R...
- 03/27/13--07:18: _Link Love: Unicorn ...
- 04/01/13--07:11: _Sailor Desk Pen EF ...
- 04/01/13--10:00: _Ink Drop: March 2013
- 04/05/13--10:58: _Link Love: Vintage ...
- 04/09/13--06:50: _Limited Edition Kaw...
- 04/13/13--10:15: _Link Love: Weekend ...
- 04/14/13--08:52: _Fountain Pen Network
- 04/15/13--07:24: _Ask The Desk: The G...
- 04/15/13--11:05: _Ink Drop Reveal for...
- 04/16/13--10:38: _Vintage Sheaffer Ni...
- 04/17/13--12:42: _Link Love: Eraser D...
- 02/28/13--06:43: What’s new in the TWSBI Diamond 580?
- 03/05/13--10:12: Budget Fountain Pen Showdown
- 03/06/13--07:21: Let’s Talk About Stub/Italic Nibs
- 03/07/13--09:50: TWSBI Mini Review…Finally
- 03/11/13--10:03: Fountain Pen Exhibit Prep
- 03/12/13--10:34: Happy Doodle Varsity Fountain Pen
- 03/13/13--07:10: Link Love: Random Loves
- 03/14/13--08:13: Ask the Desk: “Razor Fine” Fountain Pens
- 03/20/13--09:54: Link Love: Google Reader Laments and more
- 03/27/13--07:18: Link Love: Unicorn Ink and More About Google Reader
- 04/01/13--07:11: Sailor Desk Pen EF Review
- 04/01/13--10:00: Ink Drop: March 2013
- 04/05/13--10:58: Link Love: Vintage Pens and Pen Addict Love
- 04/09/13--06:50: Limited Edition Kaweco Eyedropper 1910
- 04/13/13--10:15: Link Love: Weekend Edition
- 04/14/13--08:52: Fountain Pen Network
- 04/15/13--07:24: Ask The Desk: The Great Beginner Fountain Pen Debate
- 04/15/13--11:05: Ink Drop Reveal for April 2013
- 04/16/13--10:38: Vintage Sheaffer Nib Chart Ad
- 04/17/13--12:42: Link Love: Eraser Day and His Bradness Goes to a Pen Show
FPGeeks did a comprehensive write-up about the changes and improvements in the TWSBI Diamond 580, the successor to the wildly popular Diamond 540 which was discontinued. If you already own a 540, are you going to buy a 580? (via … Continue reading
After lampooning the Pilot Varsity, I got a lot of feedback from readers that they had a good experience with the pen and that it helped to inspire them to try fountain pens. While I am still not over the … Continue reading
wellapptdeskBudget Fountain Pen ShowdownPlatinum Preppy vs. Pilot Petit 1Budget Fountain Pen Showdown
Last week, I posted a link to Richard’s Pens informative article about the difference between stub and italic nibs. As I own a few fountain pens that fit this description, I thought I’d put them altogether to see the differences. … Continue reading
wellapptdeskStub and Italic Nib writing samplesStub and italic nibs
I’ve had the TWSBI Mini ($50-$55) since Christmas but I haven’t reviewed it because I’ve been waiting for a new EF nib unit. Initially, I got it with the F nib thinking I’d like to be able to compare the … Continue reading
wellapptdeskTWSBI 540 and MiniTWSBI MiniSize comparisonFountain Pen WeightsTWSBI Mini nibTWSBI mini reviewTWSBI mini writing close-up
On Friday, I helped two of my co-workers set up a display in our gallery area of fountain pens. I didn’t have nearly as many to add to the collection as they did but it was fun to see all … Continue reading
wellapptdeskVintage EsterbrooksA few vintage pens
I may have a less-than-loving relationship with the Pilot Varisty pen but my friend Flora loves hers so much she drew a darling picture of it. (via Happy Doodle Land)
wellapptdeskFlora Happy Varsity Pen
Pens and Pencils Basement Pencil Sharpener (via Pencil Revolution) Bic Atlantis and the publicly lambasted Bic For Her pen reviews (via Economy Pens) Sailor Sapporo Mini with Music Nib (via Inktronics) Uni-Ball Signo RT1 0.38 review (via From the Pen … Continue reading
wellapptdeskDownloadable headers for your Facebook page (via How About Orange)Bar-à-encres570-2
Reader Phil asks: Can you recommend five or so “razor fine” nibs/pens? I am always looking for a good razor fine nib. Is the TWSBI one of them? The first thing to know is that European and American pen manufacturers … Continue reading
wellapptdeskPen comparisonBudget Fountain Pen comparison sample
Pens and Pencils: Lamy 2000 Review (via From the Pen Cup) Pentel EnerGize X (via Pencil Revolution) Currently Inked (via East West Everywhere) A new pen blog from the genius behind Pencil Revolution Cigar Box Pen Storage The Bolt (Kickstarter … Continue reading
wellapptdeskpretty-modern-desktop-wallpapersVintage office supplies for sale at Saturday Morning Vintage
Pens and Pencils: TWSBI Diamond 50 ink bottle now comes with a plastic cap (via TWSBI) Make a Pencil from old Paper (via Rad + Hungry) The Pilot Metropolitan (via Inkdependence) Paper: Understanding the Moleskine IPO (via A Dog’s Garden … Continue reading
wellapptdeskA collection of clips from Present & Correct. (via Twitter @PresentCorrect)DeAtramentis Unicorn Brown ink with scent. Wonder what it smells like? (via Gourmet Pens on Instagram)
The Sailor Desk Pen EF doesn’t look like much with its fleshy-colored, plastic cap but under that cap is what makes this sub-$20 pen such a little gem. It does not have any fancy packaging and even the two black … Continue reading
wellapptdeskSailor Desk Pen with capSailor Desk PenSailor Desk Pen nib close-upSailor Desk Pen nib close-upSailor Desk Pen EFSailor Desk Pen writing sample
Once again, I am woefully behind on posting the Goulet Pens Ink Drop reveals. At least, I’m not spoiling the surprise for anyone who is waiting for their colors to arrive in the post this way. This month was the … Continue reading
wellapptdeskInk Drop March 2013
The big news this week is that Moleskine launched their IPO. Several of the links below are as a result of all the attention Moleskine is getting this week. There is an assortment of goodies from Brad Dowdy over at … Continue reading
wellapptdeskScreen shot 2013-04-05 at 12.38.02 PM(image from Casa Brutus, via Present + Correct)
Normally, I don’t get all googly about fountain pens that cost over $100 but, of course, there is always an exception to the rule and leave it to Kaweco to tap all my damn buttons at once. JetPens are … Continue reading
wellapptdeskKaweco 1910 Limited EditionKaweco 1910 14K gold nibKaweco 1910 box set
I have been collecting more and more great links from other bloggers so I thought I’d double-up this week to get caught up. Miscellany Better Penmanship, Less Pain: An article about playwright Jon Robin Baitz’s love for Kaweco fountain pens … Continue reading
wellapptdeskHONDURAS mini blank notebook jotter pack
If you are interested in fountain pens, you may already know about Fountain Pen Network. If not, FPN is a chat forum and shop-and-swap for all sorts of fountain pens. The forums are hugely helpful in learning about different vintage … Continue reading
wellapptdeskfountain pen network masthead
Loyal reader Randy posed this question to me this week following my post about the Kaweco Limited Edition Eyedropper 1910 and wanted to know what my recommendations would be for a first-time fountain pen user: I bet I can tell … Continue reading
wellapptdeskAsk The Desk HeaderEntry Level Fountain Pen Showdown
When I first got interested in fountain pens, I wanted nothing to do with blue or black ink which was so readily available in the average American ballpoint or rollerball pen. I wanted the unique and uncommon colors found in … Continue reading
wellapptdeskInk Drop April 2013
While out antiquing this weekend, I found this ad for Sheaffer’s 14K gold nibs that included a range of all the nib widths that were available in 1950 when this ad was published. Quite a variety was available and I’m … Continue reading
wellapptdeskVintage Sheaffer nib chart ad
For me, the big news this week was The Pen Addict’s trip to the Atlanta Pen Show so if you read nothing else, check out both of his recaps from the show. Atlanta Pen Show Recap, Part 1 (via Pen … Continue reading
wellapptdeskHappy (belated) Eraser Day from Present + Correct.